Monday, September 6, 2010

More Marks and the Whirld-Wide Sewing Circle

It's Labour Day in the U.S.A.
Thought I'd show more fruits of my labour.
I first posted about this work here.



Found, Stitched, and Dyed


If you have the slightest interest in "mending, making do and windfall gathering" please click on the link here  to India Flints world-wide sewing circle called Found, Stitched, and Dyed. When you're on the page,  read the right-hand side bar where you'll find more information about her lovely project. 
Stay connected and stitch with people around the world!

If you're not already familiar with India Flint, do not pass go, click here to see her glorious eco-dyed and hand-stitched works here.

10 comments:

  1. oh fabulous! i am enjoying your lines of stitches that look like fringe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jude, I'm having a great deal of fun and lovely meditative time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i uttered omg when the pic showed up. stunning. can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Christy, you're too kind and you will get to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Entirely, utterly magnificently stitched...I am so INSPIRED by your mark making, Christine! What a graphic meditation (two words normally not sitting well together but not in this instance), a most perfect post for our "Labor Day."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweetpea, I like the way 'graphic meditation' sounds! You've coined a new phrase in my book!
    Thank you for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are leading me into some cloth of mainly /only stitches . I want to begin everytime I see this photo. I love the patterns you have made with well chosen irregularity. Gilly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your kind remarks Gilly. My advice is to start anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. just back in from the wilds
    lovely to find more stitches here

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your stitching lines, and this is a great use for them. Wonderful. Can't wait to see this in person : )

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy reading comments!