Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sophisticated Color Compositions and Summer Retreat in Michigan

Terry Jarrard-Dimond
Clemson, SC U.S.A.

I am smitten by the work of Terry Jarrard-Dimond. 
Her stitched quilting lines are perfectly harmonious with her sophisticated color compositions. 

Amulets
49" x 59"
Hand dyed cotton, pieced and machine quilted

Best in Show, 2010
Form Not Function

Here Comes Trouble
18" h x 14" w
Hand dyed cotton, pieced and machine quilted

Wrestling Jacobs Angel
53" h x 80" w
Hand dyed cotton, pieced and machine quilted



I admit to having a love-hate relationship with FaceBook (FB).
This is a story of the Love part of FB.



Terry Jarrard-Dimond and I friended each other through means that only FB can do.* We've corresponded for about 7 months and found we live parallel lives. 

I think you'll find a nice connection to her when you skip over to her blog. 
She is a teacher, mentor, explorer, innovator, and exciting textile artist all wrapped up in a beautiful person willing to share her art path with those who she meets along the way.

But wait, there's more!
Terry will be teaching at the premier season of  Budding Art Ideas in Ann Arbor, Michigan in June, 2010. The location for this artists' retreat is the University of Michigan Botanical Gardens.  Nice.

I encourage you to visit her blog here.
See her extraordinary work on her website here.
Read more about her workshop: Fiber Art Quilts-  Ask “What if?” Building Pathways to Creative Work”  here.

*My first introduction to Terry's artwork was when I designed the Artist as Quiltmaker XIII (AQM) catalog in early 2008 for the Firelands Association for the Visual Arts in Oberlin, Ohio. At that time, I had no idea I'd ever meet her. 

4 comments:

  1. Terry & I "friended" the old fashioned way, but I agree with you, I too am smitten by her work. She is a gently supportive person & a hell of an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine, Terry's work is my absolute favorite among contemporary quiltmakers. She's also a very generous and caring person. Fiber art is fortunate she "jumped the fence" and came over to our world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry is a great artist and person! We are looking forward to having her teach at our Budding Art Ideas workshops. Thanks for mentioning us in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy Terry and her work. I'm glad she'll be teaching at your venue.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy reading comments!