Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Apron Obsession I think

I like this apron
while I would probably be able to afford a few from Fog Linen, I thought it would be 
more fun to make a few of my own
 using deconstructed clothes

At my thrift store I purchased 
a Leather skirt for $10.00 
and
2.5 yards of Grey pin-stripe mens-wear wool for $2.50

Also a cotton white and blue striped jumper for $3.50

This week, post  flu, I am hitting the ground running - here are a few pics
Upper Left- Leather skirt
Bottom Right- the pieces of leather I have remaining



Then

Navy blue jean material at a close-out price 2 years ago. 



I am loving this mix of leather and pin-stripe




17 comments:

  1. I absolutely love aprons. This is a corker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam. I do not make clothes, but aprons might be my entrance.

      Delete
  2. oh my! I really love that last one! yes to the combo of leather and pinstripe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an easy combination. I now need to find more leather.

      Delete
  3. I love this!!! I agree with Ronnie - the leather/pinstripe is wonderful...but so are the others. So...how easy (if it was) was this to do? That's just the kind of apron I need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, these were a snap to make. I was daydreaming about making small versions for little girls. hint hint

      Delete
    2. Seriously...how'd you do this? I just ordered a "pinney" from South Street Linen that is the same basic design.

      http://www.southstreetlinen.com/pinnies1.html

      It's linen and meant to be a jumper of sorts. Thought it would look cute with a t-shirt and leggings.

      Delete
  4. gheese.......somewhere I remember reading you don't sew clothing......;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know...just had to start somewhere!

      Delete
  5. love aprons
    yours are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so fun. Thank you for commenting E.

      Delete
  6. The richness of the fabric choices go well with the luscious rug in your new space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Need to make them in printable fabric, it will come in due time.

      Delete
  8. i love the leather against the pinstripe, looks so yum! *soph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. I need to find more leather...

      Delete

I always enjoy reading comments!