Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Art Installation Part Two

Christine Mauersberger
Temporary Art Installation
Cleveland Heights Library
Cleveland Hts, Ohio USA

I pinned organza and tulle to the wall adjacent my other piece Wall Fall
Welcome Universe Dreaming

You can see a horizontal cork-covered bracket on the wall, I just worked the space as if it weren't there.


Pinning the fabric to the wall took several hours.
Cutting the fabric and printing spirograph images took much longer. 
Many a laborious hour was spent determining how to print and how to cut the shear fabrics.
I did all that work in 2007, when I was contemplating how to make transparency and layering effects in 3 dimensions.
If anyone is interested in a tutorial on how to make and cut perfect circles 
I can be coaxed to show a step-by-step.

Just wonder what bait you'd offer me!
Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful! So light and ethereal, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The circles are beautiful - I'd love a tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tutorial please...bait. hmmmm..........I'm thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK. I'll work on it. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your work!! I would love a tutorial. I'm actually also working with organzas, which I cut with the soldering iron and put several layers on top of each other. I'm not showing much on my blog jet because I will be on exhibition in the middle of June. But for me it is so exciting how the colors change together. Sorry, my complicated writing, i'm Swiss.
    http://textil-ideen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy reading comments!