Friday, March 1, 2013

Magic Carpet Arrived Today

Persian rug circa 1960-1970.
Wool with cotton warp
A few weeks ago, I found a magic carpet at an auction house in Cleveland.
Martha told me that I could find a lovely vintage rug here.
Smart woman that she is, I followed her instructions and I won the bid on this rug.


It arrived today after I had it cleaned and ordered a nice rug pad
to protect it from the wood floors. 
and now
it has a new home in my refreshed studio space
where my momma used to sleep.

I will stitch as I sit on this carpet 
and dream.

Thankful to my nephew Ken for his strong back
and for shaving the door down a bit to clear the rug.


I have decided to find myself a home in the mountains, 
somewhere high up where one learns to live peacefully in the cold and the silence. 
It's said that in such a place certain revelations may be discovered. 
That what the spirit reaches for may be eventually felt,
 if not exactly understood. 
Slowly, no doubt. I'm not talking about a vacation.  
Of course at the same time I mean to stay exactly where I am.  
Are you following me?



7 comments:

I always enjoy reading comments!